Forget a takeaway – make your own delicious sweet and sour at home. With natural sweetness and a warm chilli flavour.
250g Cauldron Original Tofu, drained and pressed well for 20-30 mins. Following the instruction on pack, changing the kitchen roll a number of time, as it absorbs the water.
2 tbsp of oil
1 large red pepper, (you could also and 1 carrot and some green beans diced and sliced)
3 spring onions, sliced
432g tin of pineapple chunks, drained
3 tbsp soft light brown sugar
4 tbsp cider vinegar
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
8 fl oz vegetable stock or water
1 tbsp cornflour
salt and pepper to season
1) Pre-heat the oil and fry the tofu on all sides until golden brown, then remove from the pan.
2) Stir fry the pepper (carrots and beans optional) with the onions for 2-3 minutes then add pineapple, sugar, vinegar,
ketchup and stock, then bring to the boil.
3) Dissolve the cornflour in a little water and add to the pan, stir until thickened. Add more stock if necessary.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper, return the tofu to the pan.
5) Serve with noodles or rice.
For a spicier dish add some finely diced red chilli.